Welcome to Equal Opportunity Cell.
- Concession/Waiver of fees in respect of Persons with Physical Disabilities (PWD)
- Grant of Special Chance to students beyond the prescribed span period
- Initiatives and measures undertaken by University of Delhi for students with disabilities
- Concession/Waiver of hostel fees in respect of Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
- Examination Writing Policy for Students with Disability
The main problem faced by Persons with Disabilities and those belonging to the marginalized sections of society stem from disabling environment and socio - cultural and economic barriers. Discrimination against any person on the grounds of his/her disability or physical limitations and minority status is a gross violation of universally accepted principles of equality and human rights and even constitutional obligations. Their problems in the field of higher education are a matter of great concern which needs urgent attention.
The Indian Society is singular in terms of the multifarious hues it has absorbed in its fabric. Living within its clinch are numerous groups that are segregated on the basis of language, ethnicity, class, caste, religion etc. This inequitable situation warrants a redemption which is possible through Equal Opportunity measures and policies.
To address these and other urgent issues concerning SC, ST, OBC and PwD, the Equal Opportunity Cell was set up by the University of Delhi on 27th June, 2006 and a policy Draft was released ensuring a barrier free, equitable and accessible space to the PwDs in the field of Higher Education.Short term Courses Jan- May 2013- ADMISSION OPEN LETTER TO ALL COORDINATORS OF ENABLING UNIT
Equal Opportunity Cell University of Delhi conducts a Medical Health Checkup Camp for students with disabilities at their places of stay
204th birth anniversary of Louis Braille
- IBSA PRIZES - Photographs
- Equal Opportunity Cell - Celebrates World Disability Day (on December 3, 2012) by holding a Cricket Match for PwDs.
- 'ACCESSIBILITY LEARNING SESSION' - A step towards more informed educators
- IMPLEMENTATION OF GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- GYANODAYA TRIP - PHOTOGRAPHS
- PHOTOGRAPHS - EQUAL OPPORTUNITY CELL, UNIVERSITY OF DELHI distributes wheel-chairs to students with disabilities with the support of Rotary club of Delhi Riverside
- Press Release - additional seats PWD Students
- NOTICE INVITING EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR TABLET/NETBOOK BASED SOLUTIONS
- Circular :- CONCESSION / WAIVER OF FEES in respect of Persons with Physical Disabilities(PWD)
- Circular :- CONCESSION / WAIVER OF FEES in respect of Persons with Physical Disabilities(PWD) - HOSTELS